Tuesday, February 17, 2009

ban plastic.......

picture of saleslady handing out cloth bags

Hi ,

"One small step for man is a giant leap for mankind"-- that's probably the most quoted introduction for multitudinous speeches . The meaning of that statement is profound , at least for me , since on  9th February , I took my small step towards banning plastic bags . 

I had put up a poster in a supermarket in Diamond District ( my residence ) , asking customers to avoid using plastic bags as much as they could . Not many people paid attention to it . But the shopkeeper , Mr .Gopal, gave my efforts a boost . He ordered for cloth bags which he proposes to use instead of plastic bags . He intends to give it to reliable customers for the time being and gradually induce the habit into all the customers . A very serious Mr Gopal said  ' it's such a pity that people don't realize the gravity of the situation and still do things that are detrimental to the planet . at least let's do our part  '. It's  true that it's  time we start changing our lifestyles to an Eco friendly manner . The simple yet important swaps we can make are use CFL's instead of Incandescent bulbs to reduce Carbon emissions  , use cloth bags , switch off laptops etc when not in use , carry less weight in cars ( more weight= more fuel consumption) 

GO GREEN ....

I was filled with euphoria and was jubilant that I had one more contribution towards saving our planet ( the first is that all the bulbs in our house were switched to  CFL's ) . My inspiration , for this process is none other than Mr Al Gore . I, already a member of Greenpeace , plan to do more towards a greener tomorrow . So I hope that you will do your little part and help in making our already beautiful planet a still better place to be in . 

So next time you head out to buy groceries , say a NO TO PLASTIC . Then watch how many will follow  you !!!!!!!!!!


ALL THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!

 

No comments: