Friday, September 26, 2008

Hi,
I have been looking forward to writing this week's blog ..
I would like to comment on how institutions these days leave students to take up the responsibility of going(traveling - to and fro ) to participate in an event but are overwhelmed with bliss the moment they return after bagging a prize . Well ,that's exactly what happened with me today ... I needed to go to an inter collegiate competition and NOBODY bothered to give me the address of the venue until 21:00 hrs yesterday( even tried asking for the address at least a 100 time before but i presume that they were too busy to share it ) ... well and to add to all to the drama I discovered that the place was somewhere in the extreme south of Bangalore and the traveling time would be at least an hour and a half presuming light traffic in the city .... I was filled with rage at the end of it ... I was on the verge of quitting when my mom suggested taht i take the car and let my brother come by himself from school ....
I went for the debate ( topic : India's performance at the Beijing Olympics was satisfactory ) and the sad part was that I didn't even win anything , besides the saying " participation is more important than winning" , I was personally very upset with the whole thing . This feeling was so strange today ... maybe after all the pains taken to travel and not winning anything let me down . The fact remains that the other girl who came with me took home a trophy !!!!!!!!!!!

OH !!!!! and I almost forgot that tomorrow I have been called by my school to receive an award ( or so i believe ) for securing the highest in "commercial applications" in the X th ICSE board exams ( I got a 96% ) !!!!!!!!!!! I am annoyed that my dad's not here to see it ( neither was he there for my graduation day ) !!!!!!! well , maybe that's why they say " every dark cloud has a silver lining "

so , until next time
BYE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: